Tittle: New Car Inspector
Reports to: New Car Facility Lead or New Car Facility Manager
Hours: 7:00 am-12:00 pm, Must be open to work any day of the week
Salary: $10.00-13.00/hour (Dependent Upon Experience)
Conducts quality assurance/transportation vehicle inspection activities at designated locations. Performs uniform, consistent inspections on newly manufactured vehicles. Maintains and adheres to company standards for all inspections, using hand held scanning device, writing implement, and other required equipment and supplies. Ensures timely transmission of inspection results on a daily basis.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
New Vehicle inspections
- Performs new vehicle inspections from various car manufacturers for minor/ major impact damages, vandalism, factory defects, restraint failure damages, accidents, weather related damages and damages incurred during the transportation process.
- Document and code damages as they are found and provide damage verification codes for trucking companies prior to the vehicles being delivered to the car dealerships.
- Able to complete inspections in demanding outdoor environments and fast paced, multi-organization facilities.
- Responsible for quality of inspections, consistency of standards, performance of data transmission, and timeliness of inspections.
- Ability to interpret and make analytical inspection decisions based on a defined set of guidelines applied to new vehicles. Inspections may occur on the grounds, or on board rail cars.
- Damage Reports
- Documents and records vehicle damages, utilizing a handheld computer and digital camera. Ability to identify physical auto damage; assist in conducting root-cause analysis of transportation related damage. Renders routine oral and written reports of inspection results as required. All files are to be transmitted upon completion of the inspection. Perform other related duties as requested, including but not limited to locating vehicles and boarding rail cars and ships.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Required Skills
- Teamwork – Balances individual and team responsibilities.
- Highly Motivated – Ambitious and open to working in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Good communication skills – Both oral and written.
- Advanced Computer Skills – Knowledge of basic hardware, operating systems, software and overall functionality with a computer (i.e. email, media download/upload, internet, etc…)
- Regular Attendance and Availability
- High School or GED equivalent
- Technical courses (i.e. ASE or ICAR) are preferred, but not required
- General knowledge of automotive components preferred but not required, AiM will train a motivated candidate.
- Automotive Estimating/ Repair a plus but not required
- Physical Requirements
Must meet all physical aspects to be able to successfully complete the vehicle inspection routine including;
- Regular bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 25 lbs.), walking, standing, and climbing rail car and ship ladders.
- Outside working conditions
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (heat, rain, cold, snow, etc…)
- Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays (as needed)
- Ability to Operate a Motor Vehicle
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s licenseAll candidates must satisfactory pass the following;
- Pre- Employment Screening:
- Criminal background screening
- Drug test required
This position is non-exempt (hourly) and eligible for overtime. Full time New Car Inspectors (30 or more hours per week) are eligible to participate in AIM’s benefits plans, including medical, dental, and 401K.