Alliance Inspection Management
Title: Auction Facility Manager
Reports to: Area Manager
The Auction Facility Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the inspection operations at a fixed- site auction facility. The Facility Manager will work cooperatively with the facility as well as other vendors or contractors assigned to the site.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspections – Perform used vehicle inspections.
- Supervision – Responsible for the implementation of Company policies and procedures at the facility. Oversee operations including the multi-shift inspections (if applicable) of automobiles. The Facility Manager is also responsible for ensuring that the inspectors are provided with the equipment necessary to perform their assigned duties.
- Vehicle Inspection Reports – Provide oral and written reports of vehicle inspections to customer representatives as well as to the appropriate corporate managers and executives.Ensure that all files are transmitted upon completion of inspections.
- Recruitment – Responsible for employee recruitment, termination, training, scheduling and discipline as well as related employee health and safety issues.
- Time Cards – Reviews and approves time cards.
- Other – Perform additional duties as required by the Company or Facility. Make continuous recommendations to improve/ maintain quality and efficiency.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Supervises 10 or more Auction Inspectors and Auction Facility Leads at any given time.
IV. Required Skills
- Job Knowledge and Skill – Familiarity, or commitment to becoming familiar, with all aspects of AIM Auction operations.
- Management – Ability to retain, motivate, train, coach and mentor team members for high performance. Ability to deliver results; ability to analyze operating data, interpret and act on results
- Teamwork – Balances individual and team responsibilities.
- Highly Motivated – Ambitious and open to working in fast paced environment.
- Attention to Detail – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Good Communication Skills– Both oral and written
- Advanced Computer Skills – Knowledge of basic hardware, operating systems, software and overall functionality with a computer (i.e. email, media download/upload, internet, etc…
- High School Diploma OR GED required
- Some college level courses and/or technical courses preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience including some supervisorial duties.
- General Knowledge of automotive components required
- Basic computer skills required (Microsoft Suite of products and basic operations of computer or mobile device)
- Automotive Estimating/ Repair a plus, but not require
VI. Physical Requirements
Must meet all physical aspects to be able to successfully complete the vehicle inspection routine including;
- Regular bending, walking, standing, kneeling, and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
- Outside working conditions
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (heat, rain, cold, snow, etc…)
- Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays (if needed)
- Must be physically able to perform vehicle inspections and provide oversight to all employees at facility.
Ability to Operate a Motor Vehicle
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
Pre- Employment Screening
All candidates must satisfactory pass the following;
- Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) Review (driving record)
- Criminal background screening
- Drug Test required
- The position requires occasional overnight travel to assist with special projects or increased volumes.
This position is Exempt and not eligible for overtime. Full Time Auction Facility Managers are eligible to participate in AIM’s benefit plans, including medical, dental and 401k.