Alliance Inspection Management
Title: Area Manager at New Car Ramps
Reports to: Jim Javier
The Area Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of AIM’s vehicle inspection (mobile inspection, auction inspection, new car inspection) and dealer floor plan audit operations within a designated geographical area. The Area Manager is responsible for the quality and efficiency of all work performed.
The Area Manager must have the ability to supervise multiple employees in several locations, and monitor/evaluate employee performance and deliverables. The Area Manager will require effective communication skills in their daily communications with subordinates in their assigned area, the area’s Regional Director, upper management/executives and, ultimately, AiM’s customers. The position will be highly driven by analytical data obtained through AiM’s business intelligence software. The ideal candidate will be capable of interpreting the data in order to identify potential opportunities for improvement.
The Area Manager is a customer-facing position, therefore, a level of sales acumen is desired. The ability to identify business opportunities and guide them to produce growth and revenue will be an important trait in this role.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership – Supervise AiM employees that are conducting mobile inspections, dealer floor plan audits, auction inspections and new car inspections in their geographic area. Review daily performance reports to proactively engage potential issues and identify opportunities for improvement. Resolve issues with scheduling and performance as they arise.
- Meet periodically with all staff in their area. Responsible for the implementation of Company policies and procedures in their area. The Area Manager is also responsible for ensuring that all personnel are provided with the equipment necessary to perform their assigned duties.
- Performance Evaluation and Recruitment – Evaluates employee performance. Recommends merit increases, transfers and promotions. Responsible for coordinating with HR regarding employee recruitment and onboarding; termination, employee training, scheduling and discipline as well as employee health and safety issues. Provide coaching, guidance, training and staff development.
- Customer Engagement – The FSM will be the front line in regards to face-to-face interaction with AiM’s clients including their dealers and lessees. This position will require an increased level of customer service skills combined with a heightened sense of professionalism.
- Time Cards– Reviews and approves time cards.
- Billing– Responsible for submitting miscellaneous billing at the end of each month.
- Other -Perform additional duties as required by the Company. Make continuous recommendations to improve/ maintain quality and efficiency.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Supervises FSMs, New Car Facility Managers and Auction Facility Managers in assigned geographic region. The Area Manager must periodically perform in-field audits of Field Service Managers (FSM), auction Inspection sites, and consult with employees and Regional Director on findings.
- Required Skills
- Job Knowledge and Skill– Must be familiar with all aspects of AIM operations, including mobile inspection, dealer floor plan audit, auction inspection and new car inspection.
- Management -Ability to retain, motivate, train, coach and mentor team members for high performance. Ability to deliver results; ability to analyze operating data, interpret and act on results
- Teamwork – Balances individual and team responsibilities.
- Highly Motivated-ambitious and open to working in fast paced environment.
- Attention to Detail – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Good Communication Skills– Both oral and written
- Advanced Computer Skills – Knowledge of basic hardware, operating systems, software and overall functionality with a computer (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, email, media download/upload, internet, etc…)
- Will manage the following ramps:
- Benicia CA
- Milpitas CA
- Portland OR
- Salt Lake City UT
- Silver Bow MT
- Spokane WA
- Tacoma WA
- Anchorage AK
- Kent WA
- High School Diploma OR GED required
- 1-2 years of college level courses and/or technical courses preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience including supervisorial duties.
- General Knowledge of automotive components required
- Advanced computer skills required (Microsoft Suite of products and basic operations of computer or mobile device)
- Automotive Estimating/ Repair a plus
- Physical Requirements
- Regular bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 lbs.), and climbing rail car and ship ladders
- Outside working conditions
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (heat, rain, cold, snow, etc…)
- Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays (if needed)
- Must be physically able to perform vehicle inspections and provide oversight to all employees in area.
- Subject to round- the-clock call.
Ability to Operate a Motor Vehicle
- Possesses a valid state issued driver’s license
- Minimum 3 year good driving record
Pre- Employment Screening
All candidates must satisfactory pass the following;
- Criminal background screening
- Drug Test required
- The Area Manager position will require occasional overnight travel within their designated geographical area.
This position is Exempt and not eligible for overtime. Full Time Area Managers are eligible to participate in AIM’s benefit plans, including medical, dental and 401k.