Title: New Car Facility Lead
Reports to: New Car Facility Manager or Area Manager
The New Car Facility Lead is responsible for supervising the work of New Car Inspectors at a fixed- site facility which (in some cases) operates on an around-the-clock schedule. The New Car Facility Lead may also have to work cooperatively with the facility as well as other vendors or contractors assigned to the site.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspections – Perform and supervise inspections on the ground, abroad a rail car or aboard a vessel (depending on the facility).
- Supervision – Oversee operations including the multi-shift inspections (if applicable) of automobiles. The Facility Lead is also responsible for coordinating with their Facility Manager or Area Manager that the inspectors are provided with the equipment necessary to perform their assigned duties.
- Vehicle Inspection Reports – Provide oral and written reports of vehicle inspections to customer representatives as well as to the appropriate corporate managers and executives. Ensure that all files are transmitted upon completion of inspections.
- Time Cards – Reviews and approves time cards.
- Other – Perform additional duties as required by the Company or Facility. Make continuous recommendations to improve/ maintain quality and efficiency.
- Regular Attendance and Availability
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Supervises 3-5 New Car Inspectors at any given time.
- Required Skills
- Teamwork –Balances individual and team responsibilities.
- Highly motivated– ambitious and open to working in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Good Communication Skills – Both oral and written.
- Advanced Computer Skills – Knowledge of basic hardware, operating systems, software and overall functionality with a computer (i.e. email, media download/upload, internet, etc…)
- High School Diploma OR GED required
- Some college level courses and/or technical courses preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience including some supervisorial duties.
- General Knowledge of automotive components required
- Automotive Estimating/ Repair a plus, but not required
- Physical Requirements
Must meet all physical aspects to be able to successfully complete the vehicle inspection routine including;
- Regular bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 25 lbs.),walking, standing, and climbing rail car and ship ladders
- Outside working conditions
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (heat, rain, cold, snow, etc…)
- Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays (if needed)
- Must be physically able to perform vehicle inspections and provide oversight to inspectors
- Subject to round- the-clock call (depends on facility).
Ability to Operate a Motor Vehicle
- Possesses a valid state issued driver’s license
Pre- Employment Screening
All candidates must satisfactory pass the following;
- Criminal background screening
- Drug Test required
- The position requires occasional overnight travel to assist with special projects or increased volumes.
This position is Non-Exempt and is eligible for overtime. Full Time New Car Facility Leads (over 30 hours per week) are eligible to participate in AIM’s benefit plans, including medical, dental and 401k.