Alliance Inspection Management
Title: Field Services Manager (FSM)
Reports to: Area Manager
This is an exciting, challenging and highly visible position. The AiM Field Services Manager (FSM) conducts mobile, used vehicle inspections within a designated geographical area. The FSM will perform a variety of different inspections ranging from offÛlease vehicles at a lessee’s home or business to major damage vehicles on behalf of an insurance provider. The FSM will also be cross-trained to perform dealer floor plan audits on behalf of automobile finance companies.
The FSM must maintain high ethical/company standards and policies when conducting inspections and audits on behalf of AiM. All FSMs are provided with a company vehicle, equipped with GPS technology, subject to satisfactorily meeting all AiM standards/requirements upon being offered a position.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Vehicle inspections – Drives to locations such as homes, offices, and other fixed sites to perform used vehicle inspections. An FSM must accurately assess vehicle condition, estimate value of required repairs (using Audatex damage estimating software), document findings in a condition report, and transmit completed reports after each inspection.
- Dealer Floor Plan Audits –The FSM will be cross-trained to perform dealer floor plan audits based on geographical area and need. The FSM will be responsible for a physical count of vehicles, in addition to an audit of dealer’s records including the sale, disposition and proceeds of the vehicles in question. The FSM will be responsible for reconciling dealer and AiM customer physical counts, and in some cases, facilitating payment from dealer to the finance company.
- Performance Expectations – Document and record vehicle damages, utilizing proprietary inspection and damage estimating software with laptop computer and digital camera. The FSM will be expected to electronically report status of his/ her assignments during the day using AiM’s proprietary scheduling and routing software in order to maintain high productivity each work day.
- Customer Engagement – The FSM will be the front line in regards to face-to-face interaction with AiM’s clients including their dealers and lessees. This position will require an increased level of customer service skills combined with a heightened sense of professionalism.
- Other – Perform additional duties as required by the Company. Make continuous recommendations to improve quality and efficiency.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
On occasion Field Services Managers may be asked to train new hire FSMs and supervise group dealer audits.
IV. Required Skills
The ideal candidate should display the following skills:
- Teamwork – Balance individual and team responsibilities.
- Highly Motivated – Ambitious and open to working in fast paced environment.
- Attention to Detail – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Good Communication Skills – Both oral and written
- Management – Ability to manage individual workday and work independently from home with minimal supervision.Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion, and to conclude as to inspection and audit findings.
- Advanced Computer Skills – Knowledge of basic hardware, operating systems, software and overall functionality with a computer (i.e. email, media download/upload, internet, etc…)
- High school or GED equivalent required
- Some college level courses and/or technical courses (i.e. ASE or ICAR) preferred
- Minimum 4 years of consistent, full-time work experience
- General knowledge of automotive components preferred. AiM will train the ideal candidate.
- Automotive Estimating/ Repair a plus
- Experience working independently or with limited supervision
VI. Physical Requirements
Must meet all physical aspects to be able to successfully complete the vehicle inspection routine including;
- Bending/ Kneeling
- Lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
- Getting in/out of vehicles
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions (heat, rain, cold, snow, etc.)
Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays if needed
Must be able to safely operate a Motor Vehicle
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
- Good driving record with no more than one moving violation in the last three years
- Must be 21 years or over due to car rental regulations
- Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) review (driving record from state DMV)
- Criminal background screening
- Drug Test
- All candidates considered for employment must satisfactorily pass all elements of the pre- employment screening before a formal offer can be made.
- The position requires occasional overnight travel to assist with special projects or increased volumes.
This position is Non- Except and it is eligible for overtime. Full Time FSMs are eligible to participate in AIM’s benefit plans, including medical, dental and 401k.