Alliance Inspection Management
Now hiring automotive and entry level professionals immediately!
Title: Auto Damage Auction Inspector
Reports to: Auction Facility Lead or Auction Facility Manager
On a daily basis, an Auto Damage Auction Inspector performs multiple inspections on used vehicles at a fixed auction site. The auction inspector is assigned to a single site, whereat he/she focuses on detecting damage, missing parts, and mechanical issues on vehicles being sold at the auction site. Inspections are performed in compliance with the client’s inspection routine and guidelines. All inspections are performed using a mobile device equipped with proprietary inspection software.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Used vehicle Inspection
- Perform a thorough and accurate inspection of each vehicle’s condition.
- Identify all damage, missing parts and mechanical problems while performing an inspection of the interior, exterior, trunk area, engine compartment and undercarriage of the vehicle.
- Inspector must make objective decisions based on a defined set of inspection guidelines.
- All findings will be recorded in a mobile device using proprietary inspection software. Other tools to be used include digital camera, tread depth measuring gauge, etc.
- Inspections will take place outdoors at a large auction facility.
- Regular Attendance and Availability is mandatory.
Other– Perform other related duties as requested including but not limited to locating and moving vehicles.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
IV. Required Skills
- Teamwork –Balances individual and team responsibilities.
- Highly motivated– ambitious and open to working in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Good Communication Skills – Both oral and written.
- Advanced Computer Skills – Knowledge of basic hardware, operating systems, software and overall functionality with a computer (i.e. email, media download/upload, internet, etc…)
- High School or GED equivalent
- Technical courses (particularly those in the automotive industry) are preferred but not necessary
- General knowledge of automotive components preferred but not required
- Automotive Estimating/Repair a plus
- Basic computer skills required (Microsoft Suite of products and basic operation of computer or mobile device)
VI. Essential Physical Requirements
Must meet all physical aspects to be able to successfully complete the vehicle inspection routine including;
- Regular bending, walking, standing, kneeling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
- Large, fixed auction site
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (heat, rain, snow, etc…)
- Must be able to work extended hours including weekends and holidays (as needed)
Ability to Operate a Motor Vehicle
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
VII. Pre-Employment Screening
All candidates must satisfactorily pass the following;
- Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) Review (driving record)
- Criminal background screening
- Drug test required
(Note: AiM will require submission of a drug test following any on-site vehicle accident)
- The position requires occasional overnight travel to assist with special projects or increased volumes.
This position is non-exempt (hourly) and eligible for overtime. Full Time Auction Inspectors (30 or more hours per week) are eligible to participate in AIM’s benefit plans, including medical, dental and 401k (upon completion of the first 60 days of employment, beginning on the first of the next month).
AiM provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, or veteran status. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on AiM. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Competitive salary based upon experience.